Forget clamps, tacks, bindings and other nonsense: using glue to attach glass to wood is easier and less likely to result in frustration, mishaps and mess ups! So whether you’re a weekend woodworking warrior installing transparent doors on your Fabergé egg display case or attempting to attach wood letter cut-outs to a mirror or pane of glass, you’ll be best served using Aleene’s Glass and Bead Adhesive. This industrial-strength glass glue works on slick, hard-to-hold surfaces, grabs items instantly, dries clear, and is water resistant.
There are just a few easy steps to follow when securing wood to glass with this industrial-strength glue.
- Use sandpaper to smooth any uneven or raised spots on the wood where you will be attaching glass.
- Clean the surfaces to be bonded together. Use a damp cloth to remove any dust from the wood pieces. Use glass cleaner and paper towels to clean the glass pieces. Make sure all pieces are dry before gluing together.
- Apply a small amount of glue to the surface of the glass piece and another small amount to the surface of the wood piece.
- Press the piece of wood to the glass and hold for a few seconds.
- If necessary, remove any misplaced glue on the glass surface with a damp cloth, or carefully use a razor blade if the glue has already dried.
- Allow the glue to cure for 24 hours.
Check out our video demonstrating how to glue glass to create simple terrariums.